Diapers

Diapers.com_Free Shipping_ (100x100) Static

A New Baby, A New Job: How do I juggle all this?


















Are you a new mom?  Are you a new mom entrepreneur?  You are probably wondering to yourself, how in the world will I be able to juggle all of this.  This is a lot harder than I expected it to be!  Like me and so many other moms, we have decided to come home and take care of our little people.  I can recall as a little girl, how I use to say, when I get older, I want to get married and have 5 kids!  (notice I said when I was little).  Well, when you are young everything looks easy to you!  Well, low and behold, when you get older, things are not as easy as it appeared to be when you are older.

As a little girl, I recall my mother being one of those Madea's in the neighborhood!  She was a thin and petite woman but if you were in her presence, you showed her respect and she was everybody's mommy!  She not only support her own kids when they were involved in something, but she encouraged every child that came her way.  The point of the story, is that like me and my mom, we found a system that worked for us and this is exactly what you are going to have to figure out.  Now, I will share with you a few tips on how you can juggle motherhood and mom entrepreneur!

1) Make a to-do-list for each day!  When you have something to aim for and complete by a certain time frame, it helps you to stay focused!  I can not live without my to-do-list, this is something that I have to do every night before going to bed.  See if you do this before you go to bed, you will be more than likely not to forget the most important things that you have to accomplish to following day.

2) Be flexible.  You have to be able to work saving room for surprises, emergencies.  I had an experience of this very thing a few weeks ago, and it was not pretty.  My son had a really bad nose bleed, and his teachers could not stop his nose from bleeding! I had to pick him up from school and rush him to the nearest emergency room!  Now, on the flip side of this, if I was still in the corporate world, I would have had to answer to my boss, about why I was leaving and probably get written up.  This is one of perks of being a WAHM! 

So, with finding your own system, it's easy to get frustrated and second guess yourself about the decision you made to raise your kids and to work from home.  But, I can assure you that if you stick with it and don't faint, that you will begin to see your self as a pro in this category.  For more in depth details about how to transition from motherhood to mom entrepreneur, I have created a e-book guide to help you step by step with motherhood and mom entrepreneur, Get Your Copy Today!

Best Wishes,
LaTersa Blakely



2 comments:

  1. I was a mom to a toddler and entrepreneur 10 years ago. Oh wow, was that a stressful time. You're right a system is important. Also some down time away from baby and work is important. Relaxation techniques that fit you and your lifestyle are vital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much sherrie for your response. I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete