Diapers

Diapers.com_Free Shipping_ (100x100) Static

2011 Featured Women in Business--LaShanda Henry




















Full Name:
LaShanda Henry

Name of your Company:
SistaSense (Blog)

Position:
Web Designer / Founder of Black Business Women Online

Website Address:
http://www.sistasense.com

Year Founded:
SistaSense Founded in 2007

Tell us about yourself and your business:


I am a full time web designer, work at home mom. I enjoy creating positive websites for people of color. Over the years I’ve created a series of social networking communities, like Black Business Women and the Black Moms Club. I really enjoy connected with positive, like-minded people online.


What inspired you to start a business?


When I was in high school I always said I liked computers, cartoons, and cash. I enjoy drawing, working online and being and entrepreneur. When I had my son in 2006 I was motivated to officially leave the 9 to 5 world and work at home full time.


Share one business goal:


My biggest business goal, after taking care of my family, is helping other women learn how to build an online business and work from home.


What would you say contributes to your success?


There is no success without failure. I think I wouldn’t haven’t gotten this far without my hubby who motivates me and also self-motivation to keep going when everything feels like it’s going wrong.




What advice would you give an aspiring entrepreneur?
More important that pretty websites and business cards is your vision. Before you get lost in marketing trends and presentation, be clear on what your vision is and how you are going to create a plan to make it happen. You need a system, you need a strategy, focus on that first.


Anything else you want to mention about your business?


I welcome all entrepreneurs to join our Facebook for our networking sessions. http://links.mybbwo.net

No comments:

Post a Comment