Since I became a mother, I have come to realize that planning ahead and time management skills are two of the most important things that I live by most on a daily basis. Before, when I was single, I was use to just getting up going whenever and where ever I wanted to go without having to answer to anyone. Well, that has all changed now. So, I want to share with you ten tips on things you can do on a daily basis to make your life a little less complicated and stressful.
1) Pray: Pray about everything; When things are going great, and even when things are not so great. It does not matter how long or how short your prayer is, just as long as it's sincere to God. I find myself sometimes praying unconsciously. Sometimes, I have so much on my mind and great ideas flowing through my head, that I have to tell someone.
2) Make a daily To-Do-List: I can not stress enough of how this one little thing helps me out tremendously. I feel good everyday, that I wake up knowing that I have specific things lined up for that particular day. Every night before I go to bed, I write down my to-do-list of what I need to accomplish for the next day. As the day arrives, as I complete a task, I strike through it. My list is categorized into three parts: Personal, Family, and Business. Under each category, I list the most important chores first.
3) Do laundry by the loads: With my household, we have two little ones, so I have to make sure I'm on top of my game. I usually do two loads every other day. This will keep me from having 10 or 12 loads by the weekend. I also have to fold them right out of the dryer, because if I leave them in the basket, we will be living out of the basket all week.
4) Cook Meals by the quantity. Now this is one that I struggle with because certain foods, I don't like to eat leftovers. I usually cook my meals at least 3 times per week with each day cooking enough for two days. I have to make sure we all have breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and of course snacks throughout the day.
5) Plan ahead. If you know you have to be out of town for a couple of days, plan for it. Make sure the kids, hubby, or whomever is well taken care of. By the way, if you are a mom entrepreneur like myself, you will definitely want to hire some help or get things in order before you go on vacation.
6) Take time out for yourself: I had to learn this one the hard way. I am most of the time always making sure everyone else is taken care of, but I skip the one most important person of all: ME. I have to take time out for me on a daily basis to help keep my love giving, caring, helping, and creative juices flowing. If I don't take care of me, then I will be no help to anyone else.
7) Have family times: I know this seems obvious, but some people really are just workaholics. They work from sun up to sun down. Now, I'm a hard worker myself, but I have to shut it down at some point to watch movies with my kids, read stories, and etc. Then I have to spend time with hubby, so it's all about balance.
8) Learn to balance family and work: With this one, it can be a struggle, especially for mom entrepreneurs, because majority of the time, all of our work is snaring us in the face all day long. So, you have to find balance or else something or someone will get neglected.
9) Time Management Skills: In order to keep it all together, you have to know how to manage your time well. You need to set aside specific times throughout the day when you achieve the goals you set for your everyday life. When you master the art of time management, you will be well on your way to a stress free life.
10) Help someone along the way! I say this all the time. When you take the focus off of yourself and put it on someone who is in need of your expertise, encouraging words, or just motivation, it tends to make you feel on top of the world. I know for myself, I love encouraging, inspiring, and motivating others to be their best self. One more thing, Smile, Smile, and continue to smile; this will surely make your life a whole lot better, because when you smile, the world smiles right back at you.
I really hope this blog post has been a blessing to you, and feel free to spread the good news about making your life better.
Need a Great Baby Gift?--Click here
wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Seattle’s Best Coffee blogging program for a gift card worth $30. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”
I lived in Virginia for two and half years, and one of my most memorable memories were when I spent time in Virginia Beach. I loved taking my babies there to relax and enjoy the view and just let my kids enjoy the parks. I also enjoyed looking at the beautiful homes on the beach. I want to share with you my top ten reasons why I would want to go back to the beach.
1) They have a lot of amusement parks that are family oriented. I was like a kid in the candy store because of all the wonderful parks that available for you to choose from. I enjoyed taking my children there to play and have picnics. I would pack lunches and extra set of clothes and we would play until we could hardly walk.
2) Some beautiful boutiques. I am a shopaholic when it comes to various boutiques. As strange as it sounds, but when you have children, the baby boutiques and consignment stores become one of your favorite places to shop for gently used clothes for your babies. Also, I enjoy finding unique and cute items for myself as well.
3) A larger variety of Restaurant. I tried a new restaurant every time we visited. To me, when you go to the same restaurants all the time, it's like a breathe of fresh air when you can find a different one to visit.
4) A variety of salons. I loved getting my hair done in Virginia Beach because they did not take all day to complete my hair. Once I went to a braid shop to get some kinky twist, and boy did i love getting out of their in a couple of hours. It was actually three people on my head at one time, but i was not complaining. If it was just one person, it would have taken about 7-8 hours. My patients is not that long anymore since I was young. I use to sit for about 15 hours straight to get braids.
5) Nice Place to Vacation. I could see my husband and I going to Virginia Beach for a nice getaway with our without our babies. It could be a nice family getaway which involves the babies as well. I think we would really enjoy ourselves.
6) Attend some nice and fun festivals. Virginia Beach is where a lot of festivals and concerts take place. I would love to go to another festival with my kids now that they are older. my kids were baby babies when I first attended.
7) A nice place to have a honeymoon. I would say virginia beach is a very beautiful place. It just have that love in the air atmosphere to it. I could use that honeymoon that we never had to go to virginia beach and have a blast.
8) Great for history. If you are one of those people that get excited about learning about your culture and history, then this place will definately keep you up to date. Learning new things is always a plus in my book.
9) Love going to the beach. I can't swim but just lying their on the beach looking at the pretty view, puts a big smile on my face. I would go to the beach just to be cute, and if you catch me on one of my days where i'm feeling brave, I would splash in the water.
10) There are so many cool things to do in virginia beach, that you can not do them all in one visit. I really enjoyed my stay their and someday I would like to return back for a nice vacation. I would love to hear your stories of how you loved Virginia Beach!
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Virginia Beach Tourism blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”