As most of you know today, is my son's birthday, So, Again, Happy Birthday to You Ishmael. Mommy Loves You! Well, I'm here to share with you five ways that I plan to make my life simple in 2011. I did a slide show of all of my goals on December 31, 2011. Below are a few of the most important aspects of my life.
1) Spend More quality time with my family. This year I have set aside specific time frames to spend time with the ones I love. Included in my everyday schedule goes a little something like, 6 a.m., the alarm goes off. Once I'm fully alert, I pray and read my daily devotions, shower and get started with my to do list. My time in the morning is spent getting kids ready for pre-school, breakfast, and taking them to school. Then its off to get the big baby (hubby) ready and out the door for work. My work hours are from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the evenings. This is where I design all those elegant diaper cakes, complete orders, take orders, blog, check twitter, facebook, and etc. Now, once my kids are home from school, I have a few little distractions because its kids time to them. So I make it my business to get all of the major work done while my son is in school.
2) Do some form of exercise daily. My goal is to loose 10 pounds by June 2010. So, everyday, I run up and down my stairs, and of course I run and play with my babies. I figured out from last year, that if you set too many unrealistic goals, that make them that much harder to accomplish. I always say, start slow, and work your way up to the big ones. Don't try to kill yourself in the gym and wear yourself out, just keep in mind that the weight did not come over night, and by all means, it surely is not going to leave over night. Enjoy yourself right now on your way to where you are trying to go....
3) Drink plenty of water. I would say the best thing I have decided to do is to make sure I drink my 8 glasses of water a day. Not saying that I do it everyday, because I would be lying. But, I do make an attempt to drink water everyday. Its not that I don't like water, its just that sometimes, I get so caught up in what I'm doing that I nearly forget about it.
4) Encourage someone daily. I know that there are many people who are praying for me and who have prayed for me throughout the beginning stages of my business. So, to show my appreciation for all the love and support that was given and still is given to me, I give back. If hubby, my babies, or anyone that come across my path that is down, or just need a few words of encouragement, then I try to be that sunshine that they need and to let them know that everything is going to be o.k..
5) Give and Show Love. I know that might not sound like much to you; but giving love and showing love to others can bring a lot of joy in your heart. I mean I love being kind to others and sharing my knowledge and thoughts with them. When you are focused on giving more than receiving, it always put you in a better state of mind.
I really hope this helps you to find simplicity in your life this year!
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Simply Orange® blogging program. If I am one of the first 65 blogs received by SocialsMoms, I will receive a $25 Target gift card and a gift pack that includes a Simply Orange® cooler bag and logoed fleece."