Diapers

Diapers.com_Free Shipping_ (100x100) Static

5 Tips To Calm a Crying Newborn Down

For all the new moms out there, you are probably wonder how am I going to stop my baby from crying.  Well, I'm here to make your life a little better. As new moms, we are just determined to do anything in our power to make our little angel feel better and stop crying.  Sometimes our methods work and sometimes they don't, but that's o.k.  I will tell you from experience that sometimes no matter what method you try; that little one is just determined to be heard.  I mean I can recall times where I actually wanted to rip my hair from my head. And believe it or not, there were times that I literally cried myself because I felt helpless.  I have created a short list of things you can try and do at home with your own babies.  What you're probably find out is that you have to create your own little methods that works with you and your baby.  Not all babies are calmed down using the same techniques.


1) Swaddle the baby close to your chest.  What I mean by this is that wrap the baby in one of his/her cute baby blankets and hold them close to your chest. Babies are familiar with this because this allows them to hear the mommy's heart beat. While a baby is in the mother's wound, this is all to familiar to them and in turn this can soothe them.  I mean you have to realize that for the first nine months before giving birth to your precious baby, they are in this one little space that's dark and all kinds of stuff that excites them are taken place inside of your wound.  Go ahead and give it try!

2) Play Classical music. Boy, you are probably wondering, what does this do. Its something about the calmness and slow melody that classical music has that no other music has.  I am speaking from experience with both of my babies, when they were really really fussy, I would put in that classical musical cd for mommy and baby. It kept him calm and I would give them a bottle and once most of the bottle was gone, there you have a sleeping little baby.  Now, I even took this a step further because when I first found out that I was pregnant with my son, I immediately went to the internet and started searching for ways to interact with your baby while they are in your wound.  I found that by letting your baby listen to classical music while in the mother's room, that would calm them down as well.  I mean my little man was a very active little guy; he kept me going to the bathroom, if you know what I mean.  "He was playing basketball on my bladder".



3) Holding a baby in a sling position.  Now this one is very useful especially for those breastfeeding moms.  I breastfed my daughter and this was one of my favorite ways to nurse her.  Even when she wasn't eating, just by holding her in a familiar position was comforting for her.  I would suggest you try different ways and find out which one works best for you and your little bundle of joy.


 4) Hold and Rock the baby.  Now every mother is familiar with this method.  If you go anywhere where there are mothers and newborns (not just new borns), you will see a mother rocking her crying baby.  To a baby, this is comforting for them and it lets the little one knows that someone cares about them and that they are going to make it better.  This is something that every mother wants for her child; to be o.k. and to not to have to worry about anything because mommy and daddy will take care of it.

5) Find a method that's right for you and baby. This had to be my last one because regardless of how many methods you are recommended, you have to find your own method that works for you and your little guy or gal.  I can recall when I first found out that I was pregnant, I had people and family members telling me what I should and should not do.  Things that they did when they had their children and all the horrible stories that people tend to try to scare you with.  But, again, PLEASE listen to your heart and your little bundle of joy, I guarantee you your baby will let you know what works and what don't work.  Hopefully, these few tips will lead you on a path to finding your own solutions to calming your baby down, so that you will have a happy and smiling baby!



LaTersa Blakely
256-603-5353











No comments:

Post a Comment