Calling all the new moms!
I wanted to stop by to let all the new moms know that there's no need to panic. Just relax, take a deep breath and prepare for your new bundle of joy's arrival one step at a time. I'm here to help you get ready with my 10 tips for all the new mothers out there.
1) Clean house. What I mean by that is get all the pine sol and natural cleaning supplies out that you have. Babies are very sensitive to scents and fragrances. Wash down walls, door knobs, drapes, blinds, linens, and etc.
2) Get your house baby friendly. Keep all harmful items out of reach of baby and any other children around the house. Get cabinet locks for your toddlers, and keep all cleaning supplies out of baby and other siblings reach.
3) Purchase the proper nursery
furniture and have it all set up before bringing new baby home. Have your furniture organized they way you want it before the new baby comes home. You will need all of your time devoted to the baby.
4) Be sure to check all linen to make sure that its 100% cotton or for the organic mothers, make sure everything is organic friendly. By the way, for all those new organic mothers that are looking to have a baby shower soon. Check out my line of Eco-friendly diaper cakes.
5) Stock up! Diapers, Diapers, Diapers, and more diapers. Please do not buy a lot of new born diapers because babies are in new born diapers for such a short period. My two little ones, were out of new born diapers before they were a month old. I would suggest buying sizes 1-2.
6) Stock up! Formula, Formula, and more formula; But for those mothers that will be breast feeding, make sure you have the proper breast pump and the correct size. Also, when breast feeding, you want to make sure that you keep your breast pump and all of its components clean and store and a safe area. One thing you do not want to do is start pumping your milk out into an unclean pumping tube. That is really bad for the baby and you.
7) Make sure you have enough clothes for the new baby; (onsies, lafayette, and pajama outfits) For the first few months of baby's life, they will be strictly in the house, so you want to make sure baby is comfortable.
8) Now, that you have baby all squared away! Now its time for you to take care of yourself. Yes, I said it and thats not being selfish. I had to learn this the hard way. But, one thing is for sure, if mommy's not feeling well, than she is no good for her baby.
9) Ask for help. Don't be afraid to ask for help so that you can get some rest. Your body will shut down if you don't get the proper rest that your body needs. With the new baby here, you are not going to have one set schedule because trust you me, babies have a mind of their own. Whenever, they feel hungry, they cry or do whatever they have to in order to get your attention.
10) Finally, enjoy your new life with your baby. Play little pitty patty games and watch how your baby responds. Get to know that little person that God has blessed you with and DON"T STRESS. Take little baby steps.
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Lysol® Wee Wisdom blogging program, making me eligible to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”